India Product Management Association organized P-Camp at Bangalore recently. This event was hosted by Yahoo India and attained by over 100 enthusiasts from Product background and few stalwarts of the functional domain from reputed brands like Honeywell and Yahoo. This event will be remembered for long as it was first of its kind in India and was organized to perfection. Well done folks.
This is an well received attempt to build an ecosystem and facilitate exchange of ideas and promote entrepreneurship. About 12 tracks (topics) were covered by speakers from varied experience and skills. Group of product managers from yahoo ran through few key traits of a Product Management professional and here is a brief of what I could capture;
Traits of a Product Manager
1. Passionate of what they do
2. Business acumen
3. Understand product business
4. Understand customer (getting into customer shoe)
5. Good communication skill (verbal, written)
6. Decision making ability
7. Curiosity – always curios to know and learn more
9. Leadership qualities
10. Do what it takes to deliver (Attitude)
Good learning and networking opportunity.